Field Notes 2-pack "Signature" Notebook - Ruled
CHANGE FOR A DIME
Our “Dime Novel” Edition from the fall was a big hit, setting sales records and filling up our inboxes with notes from Field Notes fans requesting that we make them part of our regular line. People loved the form factor, the Sewn-in-Signature binding, and especially the very high-quality paper of the interior pages. The Strathmore Premium Wove 70#T in “Dime Novel” is the finest body paper we've ever used for Field Notes.
There was obvious demand, so we created this new “Signature Series” with exactly the same form and specifications as “Dime Novel.” There are two versions: a 2-Pack of Sketch Books with blank pages and a French Paper grey/blue cover, and a 2-Pack of ruled Note Books with a cream/yellow colored cover. The covers are gently debossed with just a tint of ink. We’ve used a brighter, whiter version of the same Strathmore Premium Wove stock for the 72 interior pages of both versions.
We’ve always thought that maybe there was room in our line for a slightly bigger (while still pocket-sized) style. Once we got the Smyth-sewn binding just right for “Dime Novel” and once folks put their pencil points, charcoal and pen nibs on the lovely paper within, our minds were made up.
Like Byline and its descendant, Front Page, this is an example of how experimentation with our limited-edition quarterly releases can help us discover what the Field Notes community is looking for. So thanks a million for taking the time to write us. We hope you’ll agree that the new Signature Series embodies the spirit of “Dime Novel;” inspired by 1860, made new for 2018.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Paper Co. Construction 100#C “Cement Green” and “Steel Blue” with a gentle 1-color application of tinted soy-based Saphira ink. Debossed by Nu-Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- 03. Innards: Strathmore Premium Wove 70#T “Ultimiate White” with a fine, 1-color application of “Signature Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 05. Bound with Coats Dual Duty C8167 “Natural” thread on a Smyth Freccia sewing machine and Muller Martini Norm binder at Harris Bindery, Downers Grove, Ill.
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Ruled lines (where applicable): 1/4" (6.4mm).
- 08. “Signature” dimensions are 4-1/4" × 6-1/2" (108mm × 165mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses the Futura family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC: FN-42 Plain Paper 858493003677, FN-43 Ruled Paper 858493003684
Reuzel Clay Matte Pomade
Matte finish heavy, strong hold keeps hair in place
National Park Candles - Half Pint Size
All natural soy candle handcrafted to impart the scents of the wild and pristine lands of America's National Parks. A cool + invigorating blend of peppermint, fresh rosemary sprigs +...
Reuzel Fiber Pomade
Reuzel Fiber Pomade creates hours of textured definition with a firm but pliable hold and a low shine finish. This product works best on shorter, medium to thick hair and...