Field Notes - Kraft Plus
TONE IT DOWN A BIT
Field Notes' Quarterly Editions are frequently complicated productions, and such complexity often yields terrific results. But once in a while, they feel the need to produce a quieter edition that reflects the simplicity of their earliest editions. They also wanted to offer a product below ten bucks again.
So for their 57th Quarterly Edition, they made 2-Packs. Three of them.
Each is a different color. The covers are the result of the interaction of a bright, transparent ink with the lovely, rich tone of the French Paper Co.’s fibrous “Packing Brown Wrap” paper we’ve been using for years on our “Original Kraft” Memo Books. It’s ink and paper as opposed to ink onpaper.
The insides feature Domtar’s splendid, slightly off-white, Cougar Natural 60#T stock with a subtle dot-graph. The pages are micro-perforated, so your notes and lists are secure, but easy to remove when needed.
At only $9.95, “Kraft Plus” 2-Packs make perfect stocking stuffers. They're also a wonderful introduction to their everyday Memo Books. They’re like their Original Kraft, but better… in other words, Kraft Plus. Pick your favorite color, or buy all three, while they last.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C “Packing Brown Wrap,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Amber,” “Aqua,” “Moss,” and “Berry” soy-based Superior ink.
- 03. Innards: Domtar Cougar 60#T “Natural,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Superior ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed (and perforated) on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPCs: Amber 850032279154, Aqua 850032279161, Moss 850032279178.
Please select all options.