Field Notes - National Highway Map
EVERY WHICH WAY
Alongside our Spring release, the “Mile Marker” Edition, a 3-Pack of Memo Books celebrating America’s Dwight D. Eisenhower System of Interstate and Defense Highways, we are offering an additional item.
The companion to “Mile Marker” is an old-school gas-station-style, difficult-to-refold-properly, Field Notes National Highway Map. These are available for purchase now, and no self-respecting glove compartment should be without one.
This handy 3.5” x 8” map unfolds to 36” x 24.5”. One side features a large, colorful diagram of the continental Interstate System, designed exclusively for Field Notes by Mr. Cameron Booth of Portland, Oregon (2117 driving miles from HQ in Chicago BTW), who implemented a beautiful and thoughtful data design scheme for this project.
The reverse side features 28 panels completely jammed with useful, sorta useful, and some fun-but-not-at-all-useful information. The Map includes a history of the Interstate System, an essential Citizens’ Band radio glossary, mile marker and exit numbering conventions, national traffic control sign design guidelines, a classic “License Plate Game” scorecard, and tons of other helpful and/or arcane information guaranteed to entertain, educate, and/or confuse you on your next big road trip.
The Field Notes National Highway Map is available for just $7.95
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Paper: Lynx Opaque Ultra 50#T “White,” with a tightly-registered 4-color application of CMYK process soy-based Toyo inks.
- 03. Map printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 04. Map folded on an MBO T102 40" Continuous Feed Folder with Z6 Knife Folding Unit and SAP-66MR Presser Stacker.
- 05. Map is highly stylized, not to scale, and should be used only for glove box embellishment, reading material on long road trips, and — in a pinch — very basic wayfinding.
- 06. Map dimensions are 3-1/2" × 8" (89mm × 203mm) folded and 36" × 24.5" (914mm x 622mm) unfolded.
- 07. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials. Except when we use Century Schoolbook typeface family (Morris Fuller Benton, 1919).
- 08. All FIELD NOTES memo books and maps are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 09. FNC-42a UPC: 858493003783
This Meeting is Bullshit - Journal
This meeting is bullshit. Foil Pressed Journal.This journal applies to pretty much every meeting ever called -ever. Millions of hours are wasted each year by pointless meetings that could have...
Field Notes 3-pack County Fair Graph Paper
For Summer 2010, Field Notes celebrated the 50 great U.S. states (plus Washington D.C.) with County Fair, our seventh Quarterly Edition. Each County Fair 3-Pack highlights an individual U.S. state, with one memo book...
LONG POINT SHARPENER
The Blackwing Long Point Pencil Sharpener creates the perfect point using a two-step sharpening process, first sharpening the wood and then precision sharpening the graphite core to a long, fine...