Field Notes - Vignette
YOUR OWN PERSONAL PACKS
Our Quarterly release for the Spring of 2020 is the “Vignette” Edition. The Graph Paper Memo Books in these 3-Packs feature a clever die-cut pocket that allows you to include your own image — any image — as an integrated part of the cover design. We’ve noticed how people customize their Field Notes covers with a sticker, title, sketch, or stamp, so the “Vignette” Edition makes that sort of personalization quick and easy, resulting in a very slick finished product.
The “theme” of these books is completely up to you. Maybe it’s a photo of your crew, your kids, or your pup? Possibly a screen grab from your favorite movie, cartoon, or tv show? Will it be a masterpiece by a famous artist, or one by your not-yet-famous toddler? A team logo, vacation selfie, literary hero, pop star… or just that sweet photo you took of the full moon. Yeah, that’d work grea
MAKE OF THESE WHAT YOU WILL
Two stippled “Charcoal Gray” books and one super-bright “Terra Green” book make up each 3-Pack. We’ve also included a set of Field Notes-themed insert cards for you to play around with, to see how the “Vignette” personalization system works. But after you try those out, get to work on your own. Because that’s what this release is really all about.
To that end, there’s a tool in each pack to frame and crop existing images (or fabric samples, maps, anything flat, really) to the proper size. We’ve also made a simple web app to shoot, adapt, share, and print your own personal digital photos, as “vignettes.” We can’t wait to see how you personalize these. Please share your customizations on social media with the tag #myownfieldnotes and we’ll feature them.
Designing and manufacturing these books was a fun challenge, but the most exciting part was knowing that we would never finish them. We left that up to you.
- 01. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill. and die-cut by Platinum Converting, Itasca, Ill.
- 02. Covers: Neenah Classic Textures “Charcoal” Stipple and Astrobrights “Terra Green” 80#C with “Silver Emulsion” and “Neutral Gray” soy-based Toyo inks.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Silver Emulsion” soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer and Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. FNC-46 UPC: 858493003899
This Meeting is Bullshit - Journal
This meeting is bullshit. Foil Pressed Journal.This journal applies to pretty much every meeting ever called -ever. Millions of hours are wasted each year by pointless meetings that could have...
Field Notes 3-pack County Fair Graph Paper
For Summer 2010, Field Notes celebrated the 50 great U.S. states (plus Washington D.C.) with County Fair, our seventh Quarterly Edition. Each County Fair 3-Pack highlights an individual U.S. state, with one memo book...
BLACKWING (SET OF 12)
deal for musicians, woodworkers and anyone who prefer a soft, dark line, the Palomino Blackwing is the softest of the three core Blackwing models. Blackwing pencils feature a timeless matte black finish,...