Wilco Boxed Set - 6 Memo Books
ALWAYS IN LOVE
Field Notes snuck a preview of this collaboration into the merch tent at Wilco’s Solid Sound Festival in Massachusetts in June, and of course, word got out. Today we’re excited to make it official.
There are many connections between the extended Wilco and Field Notes families, not the least of which is that we both send our work out into the world via Chicago.
More than anything, Jim, Aaron, and the Field Notes Crew are fans, and we were thrilled for the chance to collaborate with a band we love so much. We figure there is plenty of overlap between the people who dig Wilco’s music and those who like our products, and we hope you enjoy using these memo books as much as we enjoyed making them.
BOX SET LIST
This set was truly collaborative; we paired each member of Wilco with an exceptional artist, handed them all the same limited palette of colors, and let them improvise.
This “Wilco × Field Notes” Box Set is the result. The box contains six Memo Books reflecting the craft and talent of the artists and the passions and personalities of the musicians. Field Notes co-founder Aaron Draplin recruited the artists and oversaw the process. Read Aaron’s account of the project in our latest Dispatch, “Backstage.”
All six books feature French Construction 100# “Grout Gray” covers with red, blue, and yellow spot inks. Bodies are Finch Opaque 60# “Bright White” text-weight with a light gray dot-grid. The set is packaged in a durable, custom-made slipcase that’s been constructed with the same paper and ink for a perfect match.
These books are waiting for your lyrics, set-lists, and show notes — or maybe your reminders, grocery lists, or meeting notes. Whatever it is, it’s always a good idea to write it down.
The “Wilco × Field Notes” Box Set is available and shipping right now. It will also be available at performances during the band’s European and North American tour in support of their new album, Ode to Joy, which drops on October 4th. The first single from that has been released, “Love is Everywhere (Beware).”
We have a limited number of Press Sheet Sets available for sale online and at HQ in Chicago.
NOTE: The Wilco × Field Notes Box Set is not part of our Quarterly Subscription Series.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Construction 100#C “Grout Gray,” with a thick, brute force, 3-color application of red, blue, and yellow soy-based Toyo inks.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of gray soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC: 858493003806
This Meeting is Bullshit - Journal
This meeting is bullshit. Foil Pressed Journal.This journal applies to pretty much every meeting ever called -ever. Millions of hours are wasted each year by pointless meetings that could have...
Field Notes 3-pack County Fair Graph Paper
For Summer 2010, Field Notes celebrated the 50 great U.S. states (plus Washington D.C.) with County Fair, our seventh Quarterly Edition. Each County Fair 3-Pack highlights an individual U.S. state, with one memo book...
BLACKWING (SET OF 12)
deal for musicians, woodworkers and anyone who prefer a soft, dark line, the Palomino Blackwing is the softest of the three core Blackwing models. Blackwing pencils feature a timeless matte black finish,...