7 Reasons to Shop Small this Holiday
For years there has been a strong focus during the holiday season to shop small, shop local. In our five years of existence, we’ve heard people say it has been their motivation, we’ve noticed the emphasis and certainly have appreciated all of it.
This year, more than ever, we do hope you support small businesses in your area.
Just for fun, we thought we’d put together a list of why we think shopping small this holiday is the better option:
- No delays in shipping if you stop by and visit or choose in-store pick up.
- When you come in, you can feel the quality of the goods. Feel how soft the sweater is and know the sleeve length on the flannel fits his long arms.
- Learn more about the products. I do take the time to learn about the makers and businesses we carry. I’d love to share which companies give back through your purchase.
- Side benefits: you know, things like hot cider, cookies, and Teddy time.
- Supporting someone in your area gives back to your community. When you shop local, that business invests back to your schools through sponsorships, donations, and participation in the local activities – other local businesses.
- The Customer Service: let me share this best through an example that just occurred last week. A mom had come in again to find clothing for her son. I was able to look up her order from last time and we confirmed his size and found a sweater to go with the jeans she got him then.
- It will make you feel good – think of the family you are supporting, the dream you are making come true, the social media shout-out, the pay-it-forward surge that comes with putting out positive vibes.
Saturday, November 27th is Small Business Saturday. It is the day we train for. ☺
Please stop by and see us. Grab a cider, see Teddy, and we’ll be offering $20 off any purchase of $100 or more (excluding sale items).
And if you are a Cyber-Monday shopper, enter code CyberMonday21 for 15% off purchases of $100 or more (excluding sale items).
Thank you. Thank you for support the little guys and gals.
Also in News
Another spring, another time of year we are knee deep in youth sports. And we only have one kid playing right now. I can’t imagine what you baseball families are experiencing where you have like, what….50 games ahead of you before July?
Whether it is sports, drama, music or any club activity, when our kids are in it, we are in it. A sacrifice for all. And that makes it very personal, right?