Field Notes "Streetscapes" Sketch Books - 2Pack
YOU TAKE IT FROM HERE
Field Note's first idea for the Spring 2023 Limited Edition revolved around urban architecture, and the juxtaposition of new and old styles in large American cities. At the same time, they were thinking that it was about time to create some proper Sketch Books with top-quality body paper.
While doing some research (i.e. clicking around the web) they came across the artwork of Steve McDonald, and specifically his series of best-selling adult coloring books depicting real-life and imaginary city scenes. So they reached out to Steve and one thing led to another. They selected four attractive American cities, found a view of each that suited his illustration style, bounced a few sketches back and forth, and set him to work. Meanwhile, they compiled useful (and not-so-useful) information about the four cities, and tested a variety of media on several paper stocks. They’re proud to present the result, our 58th Quarterly Edition: “Streetscapes.”
- 01. Illustrations by Steve McDonald: @stevedmcdonald, sdmcdonald.com
- 02. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
- 03. Cover: Mohawk Superfine “Ultra White” 100#C with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink.
- 04. Innards: Mohawk Superfine “Ultra White” 70#T Eggshell.
- 05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 07. Corners rounded to 1/2" (12.7mm) by a Challenge double-round-corner machine.
- 08. Pages left blank, ready to accommodate whatever you've got to throw at them.
- 09. Note book dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. UPCs - Pack A: New York & Miami 850032279215 - Pack B: Los Angeles & Chicago 850032279222
Please select all options.